Generally, students will be required to complete the necessary course work and graduate from high school at the end of grade twelve. Students may graduate prior to this time if they meet the minimum graduation requirements stated in board policy. Any student who plans to apply for early graduation must submit an application to either the high school principal or the counselor on or before the deadline date.
A student who wishes to graduate with fewer than the normal four (4) years of high school instruction may do so by fulfilling the following requirements:
- Attending CLHS until graduation requirements are completed.
- Fulfilling all course requirements.
- Securing parental approval for an application if the student is under 18 years of age, or living at home; arranging a conference to be held before submitting the actual application. A telephone conference is acceptable.
- Submitting an application of intent to graduate early at least two semesters before anticipated graduation date. A student may submit a letter requesting early graduation to the Board of Education after the deadline.
- Since there will be no formal mid-year graduation ceremony, students wishing to go through the formal graduation ceremony in the spring will receive their diplomas at that time. The principal must be notified by December 15th of the graduation year of the student’s intentions.
- Students who complete mid-year graduation will not be permitted to participate in extra-curricular activities, except for Prom, during the second semester.
- Final class rank will be determined with the graduating class at the end of the regular school year.
- If a student fails to complete the requirements for early graduation, the student must meet with the principal and guidance counselor and gain approval for a course of study needed to complete the required work.
- Course work from outside the high school must be approved by the principal and be from an accredited institution.
- A student graduating from the Alternative School will receive a diploma from the Board of Education at the time of completion of graduation credits. The student may choose to go through the end of year graduation ceremony.