Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) Program

In District News by CLCSD

Iowa has been approved to operate the Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT), which provides assistance to families of children eligible for free and reduced-price meals during school closures. The EBT benefit is to offset the cost of meals that would have otherwise been consumed at school.
The Families First Coronavirus Act allows states to issue Food Assistance benefits to households with children in Pre-K through 12th grade. If your child(ren) received free and reduced benefits as of or prior to March 16, 2020, for this school year you are eligible. You do not need to apply for this program.
If you already receive SNAP: The P-EBT benefits will be put on your regular EBT card on Wednesday, July 15th. As always, you can check the EBT portal for the balance of your benefits.
If you do not receive SNAP: You will have a special P-EBT card mailed to you between Tuesday, July 14th, and Tuesday, July 21st with instructions on how to use the card. The address used is the address your school district has on file for each child.
This program is administered by the Iowa Department of Human Services. Additional information is posted on their Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) Program webpage. Please review the P-EBT FAQ Document as many questions can be answered using this resource.

P-EBT FAQ Document:

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Ave SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
Fax: (202) 690-7442


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Iowa Nondiscrimination Statement
It is the policy of this CNP provider not to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or religion in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code section 216.6, 216.7, and 216.9. If you have questions or grievances related to compliance with this policy by this CNP Provider, please contact the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, Grimes State Office Building, 400 E 14th St, Des Moines, IA 50319-1004; phone numbers 515-281-4121 or 800-457-4416; website: