Clear Lake Community Garden - Invitation to School Families
The Clear Lake Community Garden is launching! Whether you’re an experienced gardener - or have never gardened before - there’s a place for you to grow healthy food for yourself and your family!
Here’s what’s available:
- 10’ x 30’ plots already tilled and rotor-tilled with soil amendments added
- One area for non-organic gardening, another for organic gardening only
- Experienced and Master Gardeners available to help us learn all we need to know to grow our own healthy food
- Rain barrels on site to help supplement watering
- onsite demonstrations to help us learn how to make the most
- End-of-the-season, onsite demonstrations to help us learn how to make the most of our produce: recipes, canning, freezing, ...they may even teach us how to make their award-winning salsa!
All this is free of charge!
It will be your garden, your produce and your weeds! We will all be tending our own garden plots, so you might consider signing up with a friend! If you’d like to have a garden this year, or just want more information, call Curtis McGinnis: 357-5813 or Colleen Thompson 357-2385.